Travel Sales Consultant £Excellent
Our client is looking for someone who has a genuine passion for travel with sales experience within a tailormade tour operator or luxury travel specialist. Working alongside a small team this is a great opportunity for someone who is driven to provide the best customer experience and relishes creating unique itineraries and holidays to a wide range of destinations.
Travel Sales Consultant - What will I be doing?
* You will be working with some of the best in the industry - this business do not do online bookings or off the shelf holidays. Their absolute focus is on delivering a truly personalised service.
* You will be working on worldwide destinations - some of their best sellers are Italy, Sri Lanka, Greece, India and South America but they send their clients all over the world. From Antarctic cruises and independent self-drives to remote beach escapes and private guided journeys. You will have plenty to get your teeth into and you have a direct influence on the product.
* It's a "grown up" environment - you will have autonomy over your day to day routine and will be expected and encouraged to contribute ideas to the sales, product and marketing teams.
* You will deliver a seamless customer experience. A desire to provide the highest standards of service is essential.
* You will be the main point of contact for your customers, managing each stage of the booking process from enquiry and booking of flights (knowledge of Amadeus would be preferable) through to the holiday experience and post travel follow up.
* Customer contact is via phone, email and in person - you are actively encouraged to get out and meet your customers and an allowance is provided to wine and dine your best clients.
Travel Sales Consultant - What experience do I need?
* It is essential that you have sales experience within the travel industry and from a company that shares their focus on tailormade travel to a discerning market.
* You will be exceptionally well travelled and be able to demonstrate a genuine passion for travel.
* You will be someone who likes to take responsibility, who enjoys the freedom to manage their own desk but also value contributing to the team. They take a collaborative approach to their bookings and success of the team is rewarded over the success of an individual.
* You need to demonstrate confidence and knowledge to be able to secure sales in a genuinely consultative and customer focussed environment.
Travel Sales Consultant - What else do I need to know?
Hours are Monday to Friday 9 - 5.30 with occasional Saturday mornings (typically 1 in 3)
This business value talent and loyalty and pay well for it. Basic salary is dependent on experience and there is also a performance related bonus scheme.
There is a contributory pension scheme and at least one fam trip per year.
Annual leave is 20 days (excluding bank holidays) in year one and then rises in line with service to a maximum of 27 days (excluding bank holidays).
It's a really friendly, supportive environment - people love what they do here.